This post is part of a series of How to do an Audio Slideshow
Audacity is a very popular audio editing tool. The best thing? It is completely free.
There are a lot of Audacity tutorials on Youtube but I strongly recommend the one made by Mindy McAdams. Is quick and easy to follow. If you already know how to work with Audacity it doesn’t hurt to take a second look if you have doubts.
I decided to make a mini tutorial with the links and the tutorials provided by Mindy. So here is a super fast guide to Audacity:
- Download Audacity
- Get the Lame Encoder other wise you won’t be able to export your final project in MP3. In the Super-Fast Guide to Audacity and the video tutorial Mindy McAdams explains what to do.
- Just in case, download an audio converter because Audacity doesn’t accept WMA files. If you have WMA files you have to convert them first. Here is a small list of some audio converters:- Switch Audio File Converter Software–
- After downloading Audacity and before you open your audio file set up the preferences according to this file.
- Watch the video tutorial with Audacity’s Basic Principles for editing audio. Also, if you prefer you can read the audio editing guide that is split in two parts: a simple and basic guide to edit audio and a more detailed guide. Advice: Try both.
- Learn how to edit multitrack audio.
- Export your file!
More on Mindy McAdams audio tools: